Being involved in an auto accident is something that nobody likes to think about. But more than 32,675 people succumbed to their injuries due to car crashes in Florida in 2014. If you are seriously injured after being involved in an auto accident in Palm Bay, Florida, you are entitled to claim damages from the at-fault party as per Florida law.
Trying to handle your car accident case on your own isn’t the best thing to do due to the complexity of the process. Palm Bay personal injury lawyers are here to help you with your case.
Florida Lawyers 360 is your trusted partner in Palm Bay, Florida for all your personal injury lawsuits. Our expert car accident lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with hundreds of auto accident cases in the past. We have won millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients. Our team is prepared to walk that extra mile to satisfy the needs of our clients. That’s why you need to hire a reliable personal injury lawyer at Florida Lawyers 360 to file your lawsuit and obtain adequate benefits. Call Florida Lawyers 360 at (786) 249-7999 today for all your injury cases in Palm Bay, Florida.
Table of Contents
What You Need To Do After A Car Accident
Car accidents are common in Palm Bay FL. Most people are clueless about what they should do soon after an auto accident. Doing the wrong thing may affect your chances of obtaining maximum compensation for your injuries. Here are some of the most important steps to take after a car accident in Palm Bay Florida:
- Report the accident to the police and obtain a copy of the police report
- Get medical help even if you aren’t seriously injured
- Video the scene or take photos if you are in a position to do so
- Exchange license, insurance, and contact information with the other driver
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident
- Never admit fault for the crash until you speak with a qualified and experienced injury lawyer
- Finally, you need to hire the best Palm Bay personal injury lawyer to handle your case
Why Do You Need A Lawyer To Handle Your Case?
If you think that spending on a qualified lawyer is a waste of money, you should think twice. Proving the negligence of the at-fault party is no easy task – especially in a state like Florida where pure comparative negligence is practiced. Florida law permits both parties involved in the accident to file personal injury lawsuits to claim damages for their injuries. For example, if one party is found to be 50% responsible for the accident, he or she will get only 50% of the total compensation award.
Here is why you need to hire a reliable Palm Bay personal injury lawyer to handle your car accident case:
- Lawyers have extensive experience in case preparation and lawsuit filing
- They can negotiate with the insurance provider to get adequate compensation for your injuries
- The lawyer will take your case to trial if the insurance company fails to offer the rightful compensation that you deserve
What Type Of Damages Can You Recover In Florida?
You are entitled to recover three types of damages for your injuries in Florida:
- Economic damages include lost wages, medical bills, future medical expenses, disability benefits, and loss of quality of life.
- Non-economic benefits include mental and emotional distress, pain, suffering, and loss of companionship.
- Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant for his or her reckless and irresponsible behavior. It is meant to deter other drivers from behaving similarly.
Hiring a Palm Bay personal injury lawyer will ensure that you recover the damages incurred.
How Is Liability Determined In Florida?
As you already know, Florida is a state of pure comparative negligence where the victim gets compensated depending on his or her involvement in the accident. For example, if the victim is found to be 30% at-fault for causing the accident, the judge or jury will reduce his or her compensation to 70% of the total compensation available. There are 4 important elements that need to be proved to receive compensation for your injuries in a car accident:
- The defendant had a duty of care towards the plaintiff
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care by acting irresponsibly
- The accident was caused due to this breach
- The plaintiff was injured as a direct result of the accident and not due to anything else
How Much Time Do You Have To File A Personal Injury Case In Florida?
Florida’s statute of limitations will come into effect four years after the accident. The victim has four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury case against the at-fault party and claim adequate compensation. Contact a Palm Bay Personal Injury lawyer to ensure you file a claim as soon as you can.
How Much Will A Palm Bay Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The personal injury lawyers at Florida Lawyers 360 don’t charge anything to handle your case. They work on a no-win-no-pay or contingency fee basis. You only need to pay the lawyer a percentage of your compensation once he or she wins your case and obtains compensation on your behalf. Call our Palm Bay Personal Injury Lawyers for a consultation.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases That We Handle At Florida Lawyers 360
Florida Lawyers 360 handles a wide variety of personal injury cases. In fact, our lawyers are experienced in dealing with different types of cases in Palm Bay Florida. Here are some of the many personal injury cases we handle in Palm Bay Florida.
- Car accident cases
- Truck accident cases
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber accidents
- Dog bite cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Workers’ compensation cases
- Wrongful death cases
If you are involved in an auto accident and injured in Palm Bay FL, you are entitled to receive damages from the at-fault party for your injuries. You need to hire the best car accident lawyer in Palm Bay to handle your case. Call Florida Lawyers 360 at (786)249-7999 today for all your auto accident injury cases in Palm Bay, Florida. Palm Bay personal injury lawyers are waiting to help.