Have you suffered a serious workplace injury in Melbourne, Florida? Well, you are eligible for compensation benefits after filing a workers’ compensation claim. If you are not sure how to get started with reporting a work injury in Melbourne, you need help from the best Florida workers’ compensation lawyers.
At the Florida Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition, we can help you file a claim and make sure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve for your work-related illness or injuries. We are ready to give you a free initial consultation to understand your case. Call us today.
How Long Do I Have In Reporting A Workplace Injury In Melbourne, FL?
The first step of filing a workers’ compensation claim involves notifying your employer. In Melbourne, Florida, you should report your injuries within 30 days. If you develop a condition or illness over time, you should notify your employer within 30 days of discovering the relationship to your job activities. Note that, if you don’t notify your employer within this timeline, you are likely going to lose your benefits.
When notifying your employer, make sure you provide them with a lot of details regarding the accident. These include:
- When the accident happened
- How you hurt yourself
- Symptoms you are experiencing as a result of the injury
It’s always a good idea to have a legal representative immediately after you have been injured. That’s why you should call our law firm immediately after you have been injured at work so we can start working on your case immediately before the deadline expires.
Who Do I Have To Report My Workplace Injury To?
After getting injured at work, you should report the injuries to your employer, your employer’s representative or your immediate supervisor. Make sure you report the injuries in writing if possible but you can also use verbal notice. However, it’s a good idea to have evidence of the notification in the event that your employer denies it during your claim process.
When you report your injury, you should make note of the time, the person notified and their role in the organization. That way, in the event of any dispute, you have the evidence to confirm that you actually made a notification within the 30 days’ notice. At the Florida Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition, we understand that your employer might try to frustrate you at this stage. Call us today and we will share the right way to make this notification to avoid harassment from your employer.
What Are Employer Responsibilities After A Workplace Injury In Melbourne, FL?
If you have suffered an injury at work, your employer has the following responsibilities:
- First, they should make sure that your injury is treated as soon as possible. If it is an emergency, your employer should call 911 right away.
- Secondly, your employer should follow OSHA recommendations. Here, your employer should notify the agency immediately after a serious work injury. Under OSHA recommendations, employers should report work-related deaths within 8 hours and hospitalizations, eye loss or amputations within 24 hours.
- Third, your employer should review the emergency plan and follow the plans outlined here to handle your work-related injuries. If there is no emergency plan in place, your employer should create one immediately.
- Your employer should make sure the other employees are in a safe place after you have suffered a work-related injury or illness. It should be able to reduce the risk of additional injured workers.
- Your employer should review the situation that caused you to be injured at work and determine the severity.
- Your employer should document your injuries by taking videos or photos. They should also speak to other employees who witnessed the accident.
- Your employer should always maintain honest and open communication throughout the whole process. They should always be honest about the insurance process and making a claim.
If you are having trouble reaching your employer or they can’t follow their responsibilities as mentioned above, you can talk to one of our lawyers who will aid you in the process. That way, you will be protected in the event of anything. Call us today and get the best legal help from our experienced lawyers in Melbourne, FL.
What Are Employee Responsibilities After A Workplace Injury In Melbourne, FL?
After getting injured at work, you need to do the following.
- Notify your employer within 30 days about your workplace injury. Failure to notify your employer means that you will forfeit the compensation benefits you should receive. Take note of whoever you have notified and always do it in writing to have evidence for your compensation claim.
- Next, you need to get medical attention immediately. You should always use a doctor recommended by your employer or their insurance company for the best results.
- Document your injuries and symptoms during the treatment process because it will come in handy during your compensation claim. If any new symptoms come up as a result of the previous injury, you should also document them and notify your employer about them as soon as possible.
- Hire a workers’ compensation lawyer in Melbourne, FL to help you out with this process. Our law firm is equipped and ready to handle your case today. Call us now to get started on your workers’ compensation claim.
Why Choose Us When Reporting a Work Injury in Melbourne?
Are you wondering why you need to hire Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Coalition Florida for your workplace injury in Melbourne Florida? Well, we are the best chance you have of getting fully compensated for the work injuries you have suffered. If you are new to this, you might not have an idea of how to negotiate with the insurance companies or your employer. We are here to help. With our experience, your claim will be in the safest hands possible.
On the other hand, with our track record of success, we can guarantee that you get the maximum compensation amount you deserve. We know that the insurance company might try to force you to accept a lower offer but we are in your corner. We know their tricks and are ready to fight for you. Hire our law firm today so we can help you with your workers’ compensation claim in Melbourne, FL.